At the beginning of every week, we look forward to the end of the end of it. When we finally get there, we celebrate. We even have an acronym for it: TGIF.
I want to take some time to highlight some of my favorite things from this week and to be thankful for more than just the fact that it’s Friday. There are many things on the way to Friday that are worth celebrating – some big, some little – and they deserve their own time.
This week, some of my favorite things were:
- A fun day with coworkers. Sharing laughter during an hour-long improvisational comedy routine and tasting many different dips and sauces brought many employees together for some good fun.
- Wonderful local restaurants that go out of their way to serve you, even on their last day. Go Roma Warrenville, you will be missed! Thank you to everyone for their friendly welcomes and great service!
- Garages! It was 27 degrees out when I left for work this morning and it made my entire commute better to realize that I didn’t have to scrape my car.
- An unexpected blessing in the form of a free Starbucks holiday drink in my email this morning.
- Personal accomplishments like staying in thigh the entire time for the first time ever! This means nothing to you if you don’t do Bar Method. Move along.
- Being healthy enough to be able to challenge myself to a 30-day fitness challenge without modifications or doctor’s notes.
- Amazing roommates who, even though they are ridiculously stressed and sleep deprived, take the time to write and leave out happy little notes complete with little faces.
- Great blog articles like this one that fly in the face of cultural beliefs and support God’s original plans. And then go viral!