There are many things on the way to Friday that are worth celebrating – some big, some little – and they deserve their own time. I’m taking some time again this week to highlight some of my favorite things and to be thankful for more than just the fact that it’s Friday.
This week, some of my favorite things were:
- Dinner with friends to celebrate the holidays
- Celebrating my roommate’s engagement to a wonderful man. Time to plan a wedding!
- Friends with a shared sense of humor… and strangers who make hilarious comments at movie theatre trailers!
- God’s sheltering presence in the storms of life. That he is my ultimate confidant and wants to hear everything I’m feeling and thinking.
- The iPhone’s Do Not Disturb function
- Work holidays that give us a chance to rest, relax, and catch up on things. Like studying. Because that’s what I’m doing right now…
- Family and friends who support my dreams, encourage me, and kick my butt when I need it.
- The smell of Christmas trees permeating my house
- Christmas music!
- Second and third jobs that give me the opportunity to pay down debt and save money to make my dreams a reality.
- Online shopping… for Christmas, so I can have things shipped directly to California, and so I can make wish lists when my move date seems so far away.
- Bar Method for kicking always kicking my butt and making me feel good about myself! I don’t think I’ve ever looked or felt better physically and it’s entirely because of this class.
- That we’re approaching the end of NaBloPoMo because I’m running out of ideas for daily posts….
- Starbucks Peppermint Mochas on days when I really need caffeine
- Successfully executed corporate Thanksgiving celebrations planned by yours truly. Glad that one’s out of the way!