There are many things on the way to Friday that are worth celebrating – some big, some little – and they deserve their own time. I’m taking some time again this week to highlight some of my favorite things and to be thankful for more than just the fact that it’s Friday.
This week, some of my favorite things were:
- Hanging out with good friends and discovering new and humorous videos on YouTube. Plus brainstorming about possible vlog topics. Perhaps a video post is in the future?
- Serving at church with great friends who look out for your safety. Thank you to Martha for letting me follow her home when the roads were bad!
- Electricity. Having the power go out when it’s -30 degrees outside is not a good thing.
- Taking control of my IRA and learning more about investing! It’s going to be a good year.
- Lunch dates with coworkers
- After six years of combining Christmas decorations, my roommate and I had to separate them in preparation for moving into different places this year. There are many other things that we need to go through, but the Christmas decorations were the first. Last night was both sad and exciting as we look forward to our futures but remember the great memories we’ve shared.
- Quiet mornings spent with Janet, my wonderful mentor. She consistently encourages and quietly challenges me to be better, to focus on what is actually important in life.