There are many things on the way to Friday that are worth celebrating – some big, some little – and they deserve their own time. I’m taking some time again this week to highlight some of my favorite things and to be thankful for more than just the fact that it’s Friday.
This week, some of my favorite things were:
- The sun shining through the cold weather to make a bitter day just a little better
- Layers and layers of warm clothes and thick (but fun!) socks to keep you warm
- A car that runs with a heater that works!
- Health insurance that allows me to make regular visits to the doctor, just to make sure everything is ok.
- Quiet mornings at Starbucks savoring a scone and a hot beverage before going into work
- The opportunity to pursue new skills and opportunities with good friends
- Old-fashioned written correspondence and learning new things about your grandparents. These letters are valuable to me know; imagine how much more they will be worth someday when they’re not here?
- Pushing through the doubt and voices in my head that say my dreams aren’t realistic to take steps toward making them come true anyway. And knowing that just two years ago, I would have let them win. That’s a little victory worth celebrating right there!
- Letting myself take a step back and adjust to all the changes professionally and realizing that I’ve been given a great opportunity to learn as much as possible and to expand my own ways of thinking.
- Libraries! What would life be like without the ability to borrow books? And that’s not even considering the fact that I get paid to be at one three days a week… Do you have any idea the things you books you get to see and consider when working at a library that you have no idea existed when you’re just a patron?